Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Question for the all knowing and all powerful...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Sable

Question for the all knowing and all powerful... Empty
PostSubject: Question for the all knowing and all powerful...   Question for the all knowing and all powerful... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 8:37 pm

So, as I am getting familiar with things, finding out about titles, and being kind of annoyed that I blew my chance for LDoA by not staying in Pre-Searing for more than a couple of days, and blew my chance for Survivor by about 30 deaths or so...

...something struck me--if a piece of armor or a weapon is customized for a character, if that character were to give it away to someone else, then be deleted, then a new character was created with the _same name_, would the NEW character be able to use those items if they were given back?

And on a related note, would their storage persist?

If anyone knows, tell me if you would, in game or here. If NO ONE knows, hey, I was just about to delete Sigismund and start over, and I would volunteer to be the guinea pig. Go MAD SCIENCE!

--sable geek
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Go Mad Science!   Question for the all knowing and all powerful... EmptyThu Jan 31, 2008 9:31 pm

You ask some very good questions! The true answer to this lies in the way Anet coded Guild Wars, and what kind of data is used to identify characters. It appears that each character is identified by some unique data value, other than their name. I do not work for Anet, have not tried what you are considering, and therefore cannot give a conclusive answer.

Referring to Guildwiki, their article on customization specifically says that custom items will no longer be usable.

As far as storage is concerned, Xunlai storage should persist, while the character's inventory should not. I have not tried this though.

If you discover anything that is not already on Guildwiki, please add it. I use it as a source for all kinds of information--it's our own Guild Wars Google. It is very complete but still has room to grow.

Good luck. I still have a necromancer in Pre-searing who will gladly help you out. She may be leaving soon, but that has not yet occurred. Heck, if you get to high enough a level, you can help me get Charr bags and salvage kits Smile

Cya there.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Sable

PostSubject: Re: Question for the all knowing and all powerful...   Question for the all knowing and all powerful... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:57 am

That reminds me, I never did get around to posting my results.

1. No, neither armor NOR weapons customized for a character can be used by another character of the same name, even if they were created as an exact clone in the same slot on the same account with exactly similar features and dress.

2. Similarly, their personal inventory doesn't persist. (Which is of course the whole reason Xunlai exists in post.)

In case anyone cared. Smile

I also refuted at least one claim about the way monsters gain xp but it's only of interest to an obsessive freak like myself who is attempting to death level in pre-searing. And also discovered that the wiki claims non-primary necros don't get Deathly Swarm (which is not true--I've been secondary necro twice and got it--wiki has been edited accordingly). Go MAD SCIENCE!
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Question for the all knowing and all powerful...   Question for the all knowing and all powerful... EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 4:20 pm

I was just wondering when you would update that yesterday. Good going, I didn't even have to ask.

Go Guildwiki! Go Mad Science! GG SABLE! Very Happy lol! Very Happy lol! Very Happy lol! Very Happy

Deathly Swarm is such a useful skill. You get it early on, it does a lot of damage, it can be used on a MM, and it only costs 10 energy. OK, it takes forever to cast, but that's the only reason it's not broken and heck, if that's a big deal, run it on a Mesmer. My point? It deserves accurate documentation--thanks Sable.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for the all knowing and all powerful...   Question for the all knowing and all powerful... Empty

Back to top Go down

Question for the all knowing and all powerful...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse :: Trade section :: Need Help-
Jump to: