Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  Log inLog in  

Share | 

Roleplaying

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Odin

PostSubject: Roleplaying   Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:50 pm

What does MMORPG even stand for, might you ask? Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game, that's what.

Yet very few people actually role-play in Guild Wars. Anyone want to start?

This is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. I am not making anyone start acting like their character would if they don't actively want to. I know this is a major departure from my usual dictatorial policies, but even totalitarian dictators have a soft spot inside for the people's needs. Rolling Eyes

I have good ideas now for both Caren and Nimue. Cocidus could also make occasional appearances, or possibly another character. Alas, they need someone else to talk to. Odin's DWR Puppet Show might be very entertaining, but unless you agree to pay me with game gold, real money, or a Nightfall access key, why should I bother talking to myself?

Here is a fair warning of what to expect should you go ahead and bring your characters to life:

Caren: modern Hippyism + Necromancy = A Really Interesting Young Lady.

Nimue: a proverbial Goddess of Truth. Tells it like it is, is very generous in honest relationships, and gets ticked off when people treat her like some divine being.

The GM: Odin, as you know him. Cocidus was very annoyed when the GM made him become a Kurzick, but alas, the GM's word is law.

More later, if I should get any more ideas for my other characters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Im game   Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:45 am

Great idea, I will try to roll play, in order to do so, one must try atleast as a step, feel your place and character.

Anyway, its preference.

I'm open to roll playing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:15 pm

Heck, this is a fun new idea for all of us. We are going to have some interesting times together...

Don't expect everything to be perfect right away. We have just started. I have not done it before, and I am helping RUN the darn thing. The key will be to keep trying it, and reflect on what transpired between characters after each conversation. What information about our characters did we need that we didn't have? What situations turned out to be awkward? What worked?

Sable had a brief roleplay conversation with Caren yesterday. Here is my honest opinion on what transpired. Sisigmund opened the conversation by telling Caren his personal history, how his family tried to destroy the world and how he ran away from them. Caren offered her optimistic sympathies, but really was not able to elaborate on her own family.

My successes and failures: I was able to create a surprisingly good dialog for Caren, and made her a convincingly feminine optimist. However, I don't have a clear enough picture of what happened to her family and during her childhood. My character ideas were not originally intended for the Guild Wars storyline, but for modern-day corrupt societies. Also, the Odin family tree is grossly incomplete, as I have not given anybody parents and family backgrounds. Childhood does have a fairly important impact on who someone is...

Sable's successes and failures: He provided a very consistent, frank, and cynical character. However, it was probably not a good idea to open the conversation with his life's history since few real people do that.

Kindras, keep looking around the forum for the variety of hints and advice I have left. I really ought to use my moderator powers to organize this thing better...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Sable

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:10 pm

Well, after all, you did ask where I came from and why I was here. Razz And I did warn you that it wasn't a short or happy story. (Too many Hunter's Ales, let's place the blame there.) And from all I see so far, my optimism is not about to increase--I left one planet getting destroyed only to visit another that looks as if it's on the way... not about to cheer up, no.

Man of great imaginary accomplishments
Formerly the mighty AtomicRaven, if you've ever been schooled (or if you have benefited from my FAQ-writing skillz)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roleplaying   

Back to top Go down

Roleplaying
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse :: [DWR] Involved Forums :: General Chat-
Jump to: