Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? Empty
PostSubject: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 11:26 am

Can someone explain to me why I am not seeing many people on????? Over the past few days the total has ranged from 0 to 4 members being on when I am.

I have not seen Marilda or Pale Necrosis in AGES, and it seems the number of others on have diminished. This is not a Odin/Kindras/Martmardigan forum, and this is not a Odin/Sables/Lister/2-other-people guild chat. Either I am doing this way too early (hint: 9:00am EST is an early class, equivalent to 6:00am Pacific. When I have one, do not expect me up at 3:00am EST/midnight Pacific) or We Need More People. Maybe both?

Either way, get online and bring friends. Odin doesn't need a guild to monologue, talk to himself, waste time on an empty forum, or run around Tyria with his real-life friends (yes they are plural and none have expressed interest in joining a guild, unfortunately.) We are not dead yet, our core group still lives, we have some newer members who play and do things, but nonetheless I am annoyed with waiting for half of them to show up. Make Odin happy. Make him less lonely.

BTW if any of you have ideas for recruitment, LET US KNOW we need them pretty badly.

BTW can somebody finish our Guildwiki page? Other than me? Otherwise you might as well make me Guild Leader since all the policies we show new members will be mine. Nikita and the other officers like their jobs (as far as I know), if you intend for them to stay in power I can't be the only one making policies known. It also helps when members tell the management that they actually care what rules we make... based on the Guild Announcement I have been repeatedly able to assert the Luxons' supremacy without anyone noticing...

Odin should shut up now, eat lunch, and let you do the talking. Nimue and Caren concur. Why did I have to give them personalities...?

Last edited by Odin on Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
||Kyrios||
Admin
||Kyrios||

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:00 pm

Pale have family "problem" and wont be on for about 6 months, idk for mistress and you know what? you should take it ez. Sometime people have something else to do than playing GW its not a big deal if they are away for 2 weeks or so. but you have a point, no one use the forum and no one is on since 1 or 2 weeks lol. Anywya ill try to recruit more ppl again.........and just hope this time they will be active and that they will use the forum afro
Back to top Go down
https://guilddwr.darkbb.com
Odin

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 1:25 pm

I didn't know Pale's problem was still going on. I saw that he had logged in within the past week and assumed it was over. Likewise with Marilda.

I should probably lay off GW a bit myself and read more books, not go AFK entirely but take it easy...

It's just frustrating how difficult it is to get peole who stay with us for more than a few days, use our forum and chat, etc. I hope I don't have to keep "aggro-ing the guild" to get responses. It's not the kind of thing that makes me popular... I haven't been recruiting really since I am down about the whole process, it's probably not helping.

Sorry for any unwarranted negativity. I changed the topic name to something less inflammatory. I guess it's a good thing Nikita keeps watch over us and reminds me of these things... even if he doesn't say much normally...
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 6:00 pm

Kindras feels the frustration, and glad Odin you broke the trend it seems. Not to worry she has faith, the one thing we can look at this in a different angle, not more recruits, however, quality recruitments. This will be in the suggestions topic, so check out what Kindras says there. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mistress Marilda
Mistress Marilda

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 12:32 am

Well im not able to get on that much lately school comes first. But im trying as best i can to get on. If im not doing homework my friends are coming to my house and ubducting(sp?) me. Im sorry guys im not a good officer T_T
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 4:00 pm

Real life obligations must come first. Just keep it balanced, not too much of any one thing. If you feel you are no longer able to serve as officer, let us know, but otherwise do what you can to keep up.

Some people do have a way of interrupting things... At least you haven't been bored.
Back to top Go down
||Kyrios||
Admin
||Kyrios||

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 6:28 pm

Bleh,I wont demote Mistress because she can't play, and yeah real life come first and gaming after. If mistress can't play for 2 3 months or so i dont care i won't demote unless its more then 3 months. Anyway we all have a life, job school friends party etc...
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyFri Mar 21, 2008 8:12 pm

You just kicked all the members who weren't on for 2 months! What are you trying to say by this? I feel that people should be able to remain members indefinitely with any half-decent reason but the officers are supposed to lead...

Real life does come first, but don't say you're going to do something then not do it. If I was going to be AFK for 3 months, I would offer my resignation as officer with the option not to accept it (and keep me). I would expect to remain in the guild, and might try to get officer back later.

This is not to force people to play, but to lead when they say they will. I hope I'm not thinking in a completely different way than you, but think about what I am saying before you make frequent exceptions to all our rules and ideas. This is not an attack on Marilda, I think she is capable of deciding what role she will play without my telling her what to do. Just decide and act accordingly.
Back to top Go down
||Kyrios||
Admin
||Kyrios||

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 8:42 am

I kicked all the member that werent on for 2 month, like we said we would do if they dont give us the reason why afro And i kicked them because ppl dont want to join a guild with 65 member and 50 inactive. I tought that it was the thing to do...
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 3:50 pm

I agreed with you when you did that, and I still stand behind that decision. Need for active people + lack of opposition on the forum = decision made. If anyone feels the need to change that policy, start a topic on the forum and we'll hear it out/have a vote. Lister feels our restrictions should be looser in this regard, so if anyone else does I'll proxy his views. I note that as yet I am the only one to have edited our Guildwiki page, which is supposed to define what our policies are.

Officers must be held to a higher standard. They are leaders, not members. It would be a mistake to kick Marilda, Pale, or any of those people with valid reasons out of the guild. We are not that kind of guild. In order to lead, and have power, an officer or leader needs to take responsibility for the guild's welfare. There has to be some contribution, whether it be recruiting, maintaining a forum or webpage, or simply helping members with the game on a regular basis, to justify any position of power or respect. Let's come to a decision here: What does an officer need to do?

My theories on leadership aside for the moment, who deserves to be an officer in DWR? I will hold off on answering this question for now, regardless of my opinions, and let another issue resolve first. I must admit that I am ticked off with Marilda for a different reason, which should become clear when you read the "report" section. Besides, I do not believe I am the only person who cares about our policies and therefore should not be the only one making them, particularly when I am biased.

What does everyone else think about this? Marilda, what do you feel? What should officers have to do? The sooner we define what that is the sooner we can decide who should be one.

Right now I am not calling for anybody to resign as officer. Depending on how we define "active" members and contributing officers, Marilda may not be neglecting responsibility at all. However, I am not going to neglect my own chosen role and let the issues I raise die away. If I do, feel free to request my resignation.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 2:28 pm

looks as things weren't followed through at the time when concern was due. Sure ok many members 2 months inactive kicked. Officers and leaders talk around the round table, like it should be, and make a decision.

Focus on one thing and abide or follow for which others will follow.
Seen the emptiness of inactivity has shown the habits from leaders and Officers. Not to be ashamed of, if only it does not form the face of DWR. What's DWR's purpose?

Unity and as one,making decisions with the will and strength beliefs within DWR.
Form and shape comes with persistence according to which is practiced.

Personally, with talks of drugs should not be in the Guild Chat. Members and new recruits play for fun, please use discretion from now on.

Odin:Real life does come first, but don't say you're going to do something then not do it. If I was going to be AFK for 3 months, I would offer my resignation as officer with the option not to accept it (and keep me). I would expect to remain in the guild, and might try to get officer back later.

Well put.

Kryious:"I kicked all the member that werent on for 2 month, like we said we would do if they dont give us the reason why afro And i kicked them because ppl dont want to join a guild with 65 member and 50 inactive. I tought that it was the thing to do"...

I see Kryious point, "I thought that it was the thing to do" however, why it even became 20 inactive in the first place. But talk with the other leaders or officers with the same decision to kick them... It's never too late to correct what is the trend or emptiness it's showing now.

Kryious:"Bleh,I wont demote Mistress because she can't play, and yeah real life come first and gaming after. If mistress can't play for 2 3 months or so i dont care i won't demote unless its more then 3 months. Anyway we all have a life, job school friends party etc..."

Well there you go, the matter stands, "unless its more then 3months" talk about it, is this too loose or not.?

This is not something that can't be worked together. But I had seen it was neglected for too long in managing.

This is Kindras Honor who is a member of DWR, I would like to see order in the Guild.
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 5:07 pm

Well put. Nice to see that I am not the only one spamming the forum, evaluating what is going on and getting ticked off accordingly.

I guess Kindras and I are running the guild now? I remember saying that guild policy will only be set by those people who take interest in it...

Oh wait, I'm resigning my post as soon as I have talked to Ed and everyone else who wanted to see me and got things fully resolved. Oops. That makes us both just members... who don't have the power to run the guild... (full post in the officer request section once I feel things are resolved)

Feel free to ask for my advice, just don't expect me to run the entire guild. If you want me running DWR, well, then get me appointed guild leader. I'll probably notice when I log on to run a friend to Lion's Arch and my name is in the wrong part of the roster. Otherwise, expect my name much further down, perhaps right next to Lister's on occasion...

If you think I am being a total jerk, feel free to say so. I shall feel free to ignore you if you can't back it up with evidence.

Power and responsibility. One without the other is tyranny. Tyranny is cause for revolution. Think about it.
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 10:49 pm

Wow, 8 people including myself have visited the forum today. Add in about 3 other people who have visited in the past 3 or 4 days, and it's getting busy here!

I am happy to announce that Odin's Post #120 brings good news. Now it's about time you guys started catching up, I literally wrote over 43% of the forum as of Post 119. Individually no one is even close to where I am, but together you guys can easily out-post poor Odin who only has one keyboard to type on and only one set of ideas to share.

LFG DWR! Let's just hope that we can keep this going long after my controversies die away...
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 4:48 pm

Let it be known that I only want to see good things to come for DWR or for anyone.

What's fair is fair, and should be accountable for any actions or responsibilities

Good things will come when deserved Cool, catch you in game.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? EmptyThu Mar 27, 2008 12:37 am

I guess I'll play the bad guy here.

I don't understand how you can go inactive for 2+ months without logging in once. That is not logical. If you are gone that long, then you should say something. People gone for such extended periods of time are not gamers at all, and they should not waste our time by joining this guild.

That is how I feel. Im sorry if anyone finds that rude. I don't mean it that way. But there is not 1 serious guild that will take anyone gone that long. A lot of people are a lot less lenient than us. You guys just cant keep leaving and joining guilds whenever you want. At some point you are going to start being known for what you are doing and you will develop a reputation. That is what you guys dont want to do if you ever want to take this game seriously at some point in the future.

Think about it. I have a real life too. But I have at least a bit of time to login pretty much every day, or every other day, or once a week at best. If I do not log in, it is because I decided not to. Unless you are on vacation, there is no excuse for staying out of contact for that long. If you have to take time to study, that is one thing, but that never takes more than a month or two at best. Let's get real here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?   LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here? Empty

Back to top Go down

LFG DWR! / Why is it so empty here?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse :: [DWR] Involved Forums :: General Chat-
Jump to: