Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New Member Greetings

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rolena

New Member Greetings Empty
PostSubject: New Member Greetings   New Member Greetings EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 1:58 am

Greetings Folks New Member here.

EST Player with EQ, WoW, VSoH expeience.

Just started up GW last Friday.

Last name of characters will generally be Cildaewin for ease of identification. First names will be Rolena, Nostuine, Shalorie or Acris.

Looking to learn a bit here so please bear with my silly questions.

Thanks

Rolena
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: New Member Greetings   New Member Greetings EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 4:07 pm

Hello, welcome, and thank you for using our forum!

Yay for Eastern Standard Time! It helps when people aren't telling me it's almost midnight at 2:59am...

Yay for naming conventions! Unfortunately, I will probably misspell Cildaewin more often than Marilda will... oh well. As weird as it sounds, this Odin is mortal.

Between me and the Norn, we can certainly bear with your learning curve. It shouldn't be a big deal to learn GW, especially for an experienced MMORPGer, since I got it starting off without that background. I refer you to the "Need Help" section and the fact I check this forum ridiculously often...

Cya in Tyria.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
King Madmartigan [AGED]

King Madmartigan [AGED]

PostSubject: Re: New Member Greetings   New Member Greetings EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 5:33 pm

Hello and welcome to the alliance. If you are in need of help of any kind, you came to the right alliance. There's usually at least 3 people that have the answer to whatever question in alliance chat.

I am known as a notorious build maker. Except I don't do sins, and not many mesmer (haven't aquired all the unlocked skills yet, need many tomes or $$). I am from AGED guild (the host alliance guild) and we do a wide variety of things but our specialty is Alliance Battles.

I can go on, but if more people join I'll have to just copy/paste with just (insert name here) for non-generic statements
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: New Member Greetings   New Member Greetings EmptyWed Mar 19, 2008 8:54 pm

FYI Martmardigan you might want to put a "concise description" of yourself in your signature. This is probably the best way to tell new members you are from AGED (as though your login didn't make that sufficiently clear), that you focus on buildmaking and AB, etc etc. Add a joke that changes every week or two for good measure, and there you go.

Now is when I sit back and let you give me suggestions, such as how I can get Nimue (my monk) to farm/duo/do-for-real the Underworld and other hard areas that drop Ectoplasm... Alas, that is for another topic in this forum.
Back to top Go down
King Madmartigan [AGED]

King Madmartigan [AGED]

PostSubject: Re: New Member Greetings   New Member Greetings EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 5:38 pm

I tried putting a picture in there but it wouldn't take it (img tagging it), there's still the code in my signiture, it just is not being displayed at all (it's the same one that's in my signiture on our AGED Alliance forum).

I believe I have a solo monk UW build would have to check.
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: New Member Greetings   New Member Greetings EmptyThu Mar 20, 2008 7:10 pm

This forum does not store pictures AT ALL except for the profile picture. Just them saving on hosting costs. Putting one in your signature must be hosted elsewhere on the Internet, displayed here.

When you come up with builds, please post them or pm me in-game. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Member Greetings   New Member Greetings Empty

Back to top Go down

New Member Greetings
Page 1 of 1