Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Study of DWR Forum Usage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

A Study of DWR Forum Usage Empty
PostSubject: A Study of DWR Forum Usage   A Study of DWR Forum Usage EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 3:40 pm

Here is my study of who has the most posts on DWR's forum. This encompasses everyone with 5 or more posts, and also Marcus since he joined recently.

Odin (me): Former officer, no longer in DWR, responsible for creating many discussions in days past.
Kindras: Left DWR under his own initiative, has since joined my guild.
Marilda: How often is she actually on anymore? From what I hear, not much. These posts aren't exactly recent.
Sable: Currently writing posts about how burned out he is.
Bashy (tied with Nikita/Kyrios): Left the alliance seeking variety in life.
Nikita/Kyrios (tied with Bashy): Guild Leader of DWR and administrator for this forum.
King Martmardigan: Never was in DWR, participating through the AGED alliance.

That covers everyone who has created at least 10 posts in the past 3 months.

Necrosis (tied with Xavier): Former officer, AFK for family reasons.
Xavier (tied with Necrosis): Gone.
Adam (tied with Zdeno): Still active.
Lord Zdeno (tied with Adam): Officer, most posts related to items he was selling and giving away.
420: Gone
Marcus (2 posts, but they are fairly recent): Probably still active.

Conclusions anybody?
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Adam Firebringer

PostSubject: Re: A Study of DWR Forum Usage   A Study of DWR Forum Usage EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 6:55 pm

It looks like most of the people that post on our Forum are either no longer in the guild or are seriously burned out. It shows that people aren't putting time into our guild. Also it shows that of the fifty or so members in our guild we only have about ten people who participate in the guild. The rest are just in the guild to say they are in one. This is a huge problem that we need to think about. We need to find a solution before this guild becomes an extinct one, where there are people in it only for themselves. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: A Study of DWR Forum Usage   A Study of DWR Forum Usage EmptyWed Apr 09, 2008 11:49 pm

Two things, Adam. Petition your leadership to make the needed changes, or join HOD. I have actually done both at various points in time.

Now, for Nikita, here is my advice on how to begin: (alas only the guild leader can do this)

Change the cape to something similar to what Bashy suggested awhile ago:

Pink, with purple bunnies. Make the background plaid, make the trim brownish, and you have yourselves a cape!

That may not be completely true to what Bashy said, but a cape like that would make people who are in the guild just for a tough-looking cape rethink things. Committed members would either wear it with pride, or make it invisible and stay in touch with the more important things in Guild Wars. Other members might ask what the heck the cape is, in which case you have much-needed discussion.

Now it's your turn to mess with people! Believe me, this is a lot of fun. Twisted Evil

~Odin the Mischievous

PS: Don't forget to show me!
Back to top Go down
Adam Firebringer

PostSubject: Re: A Study of DWR Forum Usage   A Study of DWR Forum Usage EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 12:06 am

I would petition for a leadership position, but I feel I can do a better job by staying just a member. I don't believe I could fulfill the role of leadership that way I think a leader should fulfill it. As for the second part. I'm going to wait on changing guilds. First I'm going to try and salvage this one before I give up. I might have to buy several expert salvage kits though Very Happy

I definitely don't agree with your cape idea though. If we change it, we should not change it to something pink with bunnies on it.
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: A Study of DWR Forum Usage   A Study of DWR Forum Usage EmptyThu Apr 10, 2008 10:24 am

Not everyone should be a leader. I'm glad you are able to recognize whether you should or not.

Changing guilds should always be a backup plan, not Plan A. I didn't leave right away and neither should you, that's just called giving up. In the meantime you might want to have a chat with Nikita next time he is on, ask him how he intends to fix this problem. Last I checked he is still the leader.

The cape idea is supposed to be a temporary measure, intended to mess with people who would not otherwise be interested in the guild. I made a more serious effort to change the cape awhile back, this idea is not a serious effort to make a legitimate cape. Re-read my reasoning--nowhere does it state or imply the cape is intended to look good or be well liked.

In fact, the whole point of the cape change is that you would have to be either some rare form of hippie or a complete nutcase to like the idea I proposed. I took a hippie cape and added brown plaid to it. That ought to be an ugly combination if there ever was one.

The cape thing was just a random thought that came to me. It might help, but I only put about 10 minutes' thought into it.

Good luck with your expert salvage kits. I would sell you mine, but they are all broken now and not very useful. I hope you will be able to do what I could not: Fix DWR. I remember the guild in its prime, and it was pretty awesome back then. No matter how shamelessly I promote my current interests, I still don't want to see your guild go to waste. I did put 60K into the Guild Hall...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Study of DWR Forum Usage   A Study of DWR Forum Usage Empty

Back to top Go down

A Study of DWR Forum Usage
Page 1 of 1