Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Times of Day

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Times of Day   Times of Day EmptySun Feb 24, 2008 7:58 pm

When is everybody on?

I bring this up because there are some times of day when lots of people are on, and other times that are very quiet. I do not want some people to feel left out or that we are not an active guild because they are on earlier in the day than we are.

As a policy, do we want to emphasize a specific time of day, or cover as wide a range as possible?

As for me, I am erratic. Predicting my schedule is an exercise in frustration for all but the most bored among us. I certainly don't plan much of it in advance. If it hasn't been so far, it is about to get much more erratic very soon.

Thanks for filling out my surveys. Smile ~Odin
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Sable

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of Day   Times of Day EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:51 am

I'm usually only on in late evening, if I'm on earlier than that I'm probably death leveling and forgot to set "away" or "offline". If I ever go on vacation that will flip-flop. But considering my last vacation was when I was in second grade that may be less than likely.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: About my schedule and Roll Playing   Times of Day EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 9:56 am

Odin wrote:
When is everybody on?

I bring this up because there are some times of day when lots of people are on, and other times that are very quiet. I do not want some people to feel left out or that we are not an active guild because they are on earlier in the day than we are.

As a policy, do we want to emphasize a specific time of day, or cover as wide a range as possible?

As for me, I am erratic. Predicting my schedule is an exercise in frustration for all but the most bored among us. I certainly don't plan much of it in advance. If it hasn't been so far, it is about to get much more erratic very soon.

Thanks for filling out my surveys. Smile ~Odin

Hey Odin, wat surveys? On schedules?

My schedule, I'm not even sure myself, lately the past week, i've been bed ridden due to flue symptoms, I'm getting better by the day, thats y im posting now. I may be on tomorrow evening, ( usually 8 or 9pm Eastern USA starting time seems as of now 3hours of play, Im still in Pre-searing.

Question, Have an idea if or where i can get a back drop story of what is going on in Tyra, think the lands called Tyra, as my intent is to get a better feel of what kind worldly atmosphere I'm in.

This brings to mind, the roll playing of not your character, but how you can react to surrounding matter as well, agreed?
That is an element i feel important...

That will help me roll play smoothly, playing a female is hard enough!~ Wink

This should help, however ofcourse I'm sure I can find the beginning story settings online or on the GW home site.

So, Yes, I would like to participate on roll play, and practice i do need to do that, may motivate others to do the same, just to say anything in roll play helps the fun factor, but it is not necessary ofcourse. For me I'm game to try, even If i might sound corny, Smile I will soon find out.

Lest to say I never ever did try, Just I havent been good at it. It sure is fun though. See ya soon Exclamation Oh Mondays and Tuesday nights are not common for me, So Wed. thru Sun are, One thing here in my house, there is one computer, my brother plays for hours on his poker tornaments and I hate that, so im going to put him in his place and not play random times between me n him. see ya soon.
Back to top Go down
Odin

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of Day   Times of Day EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 2:53 pm

The "surveys" are all the posts with polls attached to them. Until recently I had a big problem where very few people posted on the forum. Nowadays we have some contributors who are making it hard for me to have the last word Very Happy, but this was not the case when I kept begging people for input.

You can find out the plotline of Prophesies in one of two easy ways: Playing the game and watching all the cinematics, or by going on Guildwiki and reading the spoilers. The latter is faster, but takes the fun out of the storyline in-game.

The whole roleplaying idea is entirely new to us. Don't expect too much too soon. But that's a discussion for another forum topic...

My personal schedule is about to get earlier--I hope that people are actually on when I am. It remains to be seen, since I am about to have some major schedule changes real soon. More info under the "Odin's AFK?" post.

Good luck.

~Odin
Back to top Go down
xavier mischief

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: time of day   Times of Day EmptySun Mar 02, 2008 9:43 pm

I am most often on during the day. I am mildly disabled and cant work, so I have the time to be on during the day. I am rarely if ever on in the evening, because that is the time I spend with my soon to be wife and family.

I left my last guild because I couldnt find anyone to chat or party with most of the time.

I like DWR and I love the forums idea, I wish they were more active.

My question is, How do I find someone in the guild/alliance who is also commonly on during the day? Even though I have done alot in GW, I have done most of it alone, especially the non-primary quests.. also it would be nice to be included in guild parties or be called on to help a new player.

I am also in favor of scheduling runs because i know everyone has lives outside of gw, which is why I made the other post.

thanks,
xavier
Back to top Go down
Odin

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of Day   Times of Day EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 6:45 pm

This is precisely why I started this topic in the first place: So people who play at off-peak times get their fair share of DWR.

Inactivity (or activity at a time of day when you can't play) is definitely grounds for leaving a guild. DWR is my second--the first was completely inactive and therefore little more than access to Alliance Battles and faction rewards.

I am not sure when I am going to be on yet, due to schedule changes. If I am on in the afternoon-evenings again, we should make sure that at least one officer covers the middle of the day. In my mind, we need a day-shift if we don't have one already. More members, more opportunities for people whose schedules change frequently (like me), and more good ideas for the forum.

I like the forums, since you can talk to people who are not on at everyone's leisure. Hence the gratuitous posting.

What time zone are you in, Xavier?
Back to top Go down
xavier mischief

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: time of day   Times of Day EmptyMon Mar 03, 2008 9:12 pm

I live in the eastern time zone in the state of NY.

thanks,
xavier
Back to top Go down
Odin

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of Day   Times of Day EmptyTue Mar 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Same time zone here, both home and at college.

Just letting you know that this is the earliest time zone DWR lays claim to. Most of us are in either Canada or the United States, which means 3am here is midnight to some. Even more reason for me to play advocate for the "day shift"...

In case anyone was wondering, we welcome anyone from anywhere, as long as they can speak English fluently (or find a translator willing to retype everything they say) and play in American districts when we do. As of me posting, the management is entirely North American, hence the centrism. Wink

How many people are on when you are (excluding those who are AFK), xavier? Or anyone else can answer this too.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of Day   Times of Day EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 6:57 pm

hie gang, im usually on philadelphia est. time at night. between 6pm or from 9 and on.

Thankyou, Odin Hello there! hope your doing fine!
Back to top Go down
Odin

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of Day   Times of Day EmptyWed Mar 05, 2008 11:27 pm

Nimue Odin:

I'll see you around, Kindras. I'm looking forward to meeting you and working with you--The GM has said good things about you, and Tyria sure does need your help.

The GM is doing fine, thanks for asking. He was thinking of getting to bed soon, but that's more or less a standing joke. Between having discussions with his fellow GM's and thinking about my world, he's like a Necromancer at a battlefield. I shouldn't complain, though, being that those late nights have helped make me who I am...

Where's Philadelphia? Sounds like a nice place to visit. The GM's been there, but not me. I do wonder about his world sometimes...

Well, if you need me, I'll be in Cantha fighting Shiro and teaching others to do the same. You're welcome to join me, but it seems that the GM is more involved in his own life and Caren's life at the moment. Everything in due time, it's one of his favorite quotes btw.

Nimue

GM's Note: Nimue wrote this post, not me. Obviously, I would not refer to my sleep as a "standing joke" like she does. If in case it is not obvious who is who, let me give you a clue: I am 6' tall and male, she is 5' tall and female. There are other, minor differences, both in our personalities and our aptitude for Protection Prayers, but that's another topic.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of Day   Times of Day EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:45 pm

Im doing good myself, im surprised how far Kindras has gone to. And with her good looks, has aquired some special colorful items given free and found some healthy drops. Watchout she is getting very skillfull in her axe and tactics requirements with her special green Clor's Axe, I have seen it hit 49 crit. tacts need to be 9 for the green labeled shield and axe requirements needs to be 9.its my best weapon besides the hammers i collected for my next warrior, its gold labeled, not sure of the name, but it does suck the life force out of a baddy. What does green labeled names mean? and gold?, I have a purple poison laced bowstring to!, Great drops towards beacons bench, something or other near Doracks or Yaks.

After saying that, Im 14, its a big deal for me, its my first toon on GW, and i'm happy with DWR, I hope more will evolve with us, I really do.

I had recent news and maybe old to others here, but GW2! Wow, we will be able to jump to!
First I need to get thru Prophecies with Kindras and see wat happens there on, but foremost, I like to continue with Eye Of The North, with Gwens storyline then on to GW2, im looking forward to that.

Anyways, I'm still trying to figure out how to invite fellow warriors using GW functions, also macros comes to mind, I hope to join you when I know my way around Tyria, I really like to join others here to show me the ropes on things like that or in general how to get the best and most of GW.

However I did do something really inspiring, its about the Directsound.com site. I downloaded Sorrows Furnace sample for my game play. Makes GW full of life, its awesome, Kindras loves it when she swings that steel.

Philadelphia, is in Pennsylvania north east of USA alongside the Atlantic. Philly for slang is ok, however I love California, but I moved back to Philly to square of some things to gain ground on my next move for this 6ft male also for a more appropriate gained income elsewhere, where the weather is warmer and sunnier for a Massage Therapist like me.

We all miss your presents, and thanks for chiming in on your busy schedule.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of Day   Times of Day EmptyFri Mar 07, 2008 8:54 pm

ack! sori, wrong thread! I didnt realize it till i saw todays posts. If you could Odin or Mod/Admin to move that to offtopic. and destroy this to. How can I stop typing now! Sori about that.Edit on demand! heh. finished...only responding to Odins above guys. bounce
Back to top Go down
Odin

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Error   Times of Day EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 12:06 pm

Lolz I am a moderator and I can't moderate this section of the forum!?!

This is a job for Nikita (the one and only Admin). I will ask him to make the changes, and to enable me to do so in the future.

BTW: all the officers are moderators. Not just me. I'm just the guy who fills up said forum with posts and checks it every day...

Another BTW: Any member can delete and edit their own posts, regardless of moderator privileges.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Times of Day Empty
PostSubject: Re: Times of Day   Times of Day Empty

Back to top Go down

Times of Day
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse :: [DWR] Involved Forums :: Suggestions-
Jump to: