Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How we Got Started Talking about Women

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sable

How we Got Started Talking about Women Empty
PostSubject: Re: How we Got Started Talking about Women   How we Got Started Talking about Women EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 1:48 am

Sadly, looking at my notes, I just realized all the characters I've invited since I started recruiting have been girls. Whether real or not I have no idea. And if it makes you feel better O, I'm not going to start playing female characters. cyclops

I don't know Marilda well enough to make commentary up or down. Tell her to chat with me sometime. She still have a character in pre so we could hang out for a bit?
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Women, Marilda, and Pre-Searing Ascalon   How we Got Started Talking about Women EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 10:45 am

Based on my experiences in high-school (which was not that long ago), women tend to be more mature than men. While college and knowing adults renewed my faith in the male race, back in high school I found that there were far more good women than men. AP English was 3/4 female, and by Dwanya did they have a good group there! Kinda shows the ratio that good girls have to fight looking for a worthwhile boyfriend in high school, and I didn't exactly contribute my fair share by staying single. Perhaps I am better off male...

If you are not zooming in to check out their appearance, you are not being overly biased towards female characters. As far as who you play, I don't care (just don't pretend to be something you're not, beyond the normal bounds of an RPG). It's not like I have anything to stand on myself--People called me Nimue before they called me Odin.

Marilda should PM Sable or Sable should PM Marilda. Whichever. Better yet, do a quest together. Although, I believe she only has Factions having lost an earlier account...

I see Pale got the job too. Congrats, when you see this.

Time for a nap. Late nights online + early morning class = I'm surprised at how I'm actually functioning as well as I do.

Last edited by Odin on Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
necrosis

PostSubject: Re: How we Got Started Talking about Women   How we Got Started Talking about Women EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 1:34 pm

Thanks for that Odin.

As far as female characters go, thats all I've ever played and probably ever will, so feel free to jibe away Very Happy

Not sure why exactly but Freudian psychologists may have a field day with that fact lol.
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: The Psychology of Cross-Dressing in Guild Wars   How we Got Started Talking about Women EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 2:03 pm

I heard a really nice quote once, and it sounded similar to this...

"An institution is just the shadow of a great man" (I think this was a villain in a novel I read, can't remember which)

Freud was great, I am awesome (by my own admission), and for an absence of formal Psychology classes + my status as King of Excessive Thinking, I can make my own intellectual institution!

For some reason I have had good luck with lady characters. Cocidus is well-developed but stale, Mystery is Xunlai storage #5, and Mylnric has gone stale from repeated deaths. My ladies are doing quite well, thanks. I am beginning to dye Caren's armor blue, a sign of "I have max armor and like playing this character." The only grudge I have against you is coming up with such deceptively feminine names (real men don't think of "pale blossoms" or themselves as "goddesses" and "princesses," not that I give a darn about real men Twisted Evil) MY characters have REAL names, and Caren in particular could definitely go roleplaying. pirat pig Very Happy Razz Twisted Evil

Now for some Odin-osophy: I think this all has to do with our need for an alternative reality. Unlike real life, the objectives are straightforward and friends are much less influenced by first impressions. We can do things that are impossible in real life (raising minion armies, killing local wildlife, and being resurrected, to name a few), and failure is far less permanent. So why not get together a few friends and go kill stuff while posing as a 21-year-old woman?

By the way, can we split this discussion off the officer topic and move it into the Off Topic section? My thoughts on women have nothing to do with recruiting and it's only fair to warn the female members of the guild what they are in for. On the other hand, this could be taken the wrong way by someone... Oh well, if they can't take me they certainly are not ready to meet Bashy. Yay editing and deletion of posts!
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How we Got Started Talking about Women   How we Got Started Talking about Women Empty

Back to top Go down

How we Got Started Talking about Women
Page 1 of 1