Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Spellig Lesssons

Go down 
4 posters

What is the most important thing Odin said?
Use proper English.
Spellig Lesssons Vote_lcap0%Spellig Lesssons Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Think about what you are saying before you say it.
Spellig Lesssons Vote_lcap50%Spellig Lesssons Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Think of this as a letter to the President.
 0% [ 0 ]
There will be a quiz.
 0% [ 0 ]
Free lollipops!
Spellig Lesssons Vote_lcap50%Spellig Lesssons Vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Odin

Spellig Lesssons Empty
PostSubject: Spellig Lesssons   Spellig Lesssons EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 9:03 pm

There have been many quick quotes and snide comments on the spelling abilities of various members scattered about this forum. Let's build this fire right here, right now, all in one topic.

To get this party started, here are my views:

1) In-game chat does not require proper English. Abbreviate things, leave any misspellings that people can easily understand, and just get it said. Time is of the essence when you are about to be attacked by Charr.

2) If it has a spellchecker, use the spellchecker. Example: This forum. This is way too easy, people.

3) NEVER misspell your character's name. It makes you look stupid as long as that character lives. If you really want to be "Nimue Oidn" for the rest of your life, go ahead, but don't do it by accident.

4) Think about what you are saying before you say it.

5) We expect you to be fluent, not perfect. An esoteric vocabulary is not required for DWR. But on the other hand, can somebody explain why Nikita is not a native speaker but still more literate than many people we walk past in towns?

6) Slang words are words. This is not a college essay or a job application. Nonetheless, it is a letter to the President of O-Net...

7) Even English majors don't like studying grammar.

8.) There will be a quiz.

Enroll in Odin's literacy program today and get a free lollipop!
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Sable

Spellig Lesssons Empty
PostSubject: uh, i missvoted   Spellig Lesssons EmptyThu Mar 06, 2008 9:32 pm

(Misspelling above intentional, in case anyone wonders)

I really MEANT to say the lollipops were most important but my mouse slipped while I was devirusing the computer next to mine. Yeah, that's it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Odin

Spellig Lesssons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellig Lesssons   Spellig Lesssons EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 12:20 pm

I proxied your vote for the lollipops and made a mental note to allow vote-changing in the future...

Hope you don't change your mind again, I only get one vote lol and I spent it on you...

Quo Ed: ">_>" (but I am NOT hungry right now, lol, just starving Wink)
Back to top Go down
Mistress Marilda
Mistress Marilda

Spellig Lesssons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellig Lesssons   Spellig Lesssons EmptySat Mar 08, 2008 8:52 pm

Sucking to hard on your lollipop o loves gana get cha down! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Odin

Spellig Lesssons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellig Lesssons   Spellig Lesssons EmptySun Mar 09, 2008 1:54 pm

That would be "If you suck too hard on your lollipop of love, you will not feel well." Remember, you are speaking to the President of O-Net here, and we're more influential than Halliburton and Exxon-Mobil combined...

O-Net. It's where you live.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

Spellig Lesssons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellig Lesssons   Spellig Lesssons EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 10:15 pm

oh, how did i miss this, about spelling, i have to admit, I try I really do. but sometimes my texting from my phone habits comes out or just lazy, I text alot so, i do know it leaks on here to. so excuse my iliteralcy oh my gosh, im looking for the spell checker.... hold on im looking....ah shucks, i looked at all the buttons, where is it? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Odin

Spellig Lesssons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellig Lesssons   Spellig Lesssons EmptySat Mar 15, 2008 11:38 pm

For this forum, right-click on any word with a red underline. The checker here isn't that good, but it is something.

I have also taken to adding words like Kurzick and Tyria to the dictionary. Be sure it is spelled right before you do this, though.

Good luck and Go Literacy! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Spellig Lesssons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Spellig Lesssons   Spellig Lesssons Empty

Back to top Go down

Spellig Lesssons
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse :: General Zone :: Off Topic-
Jump to: