Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild Empty
PostSubject: Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild   Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild EmptyThu Feb 14, 2008 7:43 pm

Here is where we plan to take over the world! Or at least Guild Wars.

We need good members. They don't have to have maxed titles and PvP fame, but they need to be mature (not by age but by actions, if a 13-year-old can act mature then invite him/her) and contribute something to us. Needless to say, these people are in hot demand. Here is our war room for finding these people.

Before recruiting, check the rest of the forum for Nikita's announcements. I just did. They are important. Basically, check to make sure the members are worth getting before getting them.

We need to be different. Many guilds have people in towns recruiting, and plenty have something to offer their members. What will make us stand out?

Quest help works, but you may end up with other people who just want the help and not the guild. It lets us ask them questions along the way. Very persuasive to anyone who is actually interested.

We could also hold "guild info sessions" in beginner towns. Nobody tells the noobs what guilds are and why to bother joining one. I want to try this sometime soon to see if it works.

I want DWR to be that good, moderately selective guild that anyone can join. Not just advanced players, but anyone worth wearing our cape. I am a noob, just far less so than normal in Guild Wars. I empathize with any noob that cares to contribute what they have.

Last edited by Odin on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rename to justify this post being in suggestion section)
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Sable

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild   Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild EmptySun Feb 17, 2008 11:04 pm

For starters, we must lead by example.

I'm rapidly becoming known as "The King of Politeness" in pre-searing Ascalon. Which makes me rather sad--it's not a quality I want to have a monopoly on.

Look for those people who are participating in conversations and questing, doing so honorably and without leeching, defending others from fools who would be abusive in behavior and language...

One of my rules of thumb has become that I will try to send some friendly advice right away via whisper to anyone who is needing basic knowledge (i.e., "How do I get better armor?", answer being through collectors only in pre-searing). I then follow up by finding out what they are trying to do, suggest a couple of quests for them to try first, and then tell them to whisper me later if they have any other questions. If they seem to be making a genuine effort to learn the game, and are asking intelligent questions about things, I help once again and then talk to them about what a wonderful guild we are and how they ought to try out our company.

I have a second rule: I don't give away things to people who beg and whine for them. One of my most common positions lately (between Charr boss BBQ runs, of course) is to sit near the front gate in Ascalon and offer minor but useful weapons and armor that I picked up on my last trip to the first person of the appropriate class to ask politely. I have been pleasantly surprised by the number of people who not only are very pleasant but insist on giving me money before taking the trade. santa Several of these people have later been invited into the guild, and I have hopes there will be more.

I'm continuing to refine my public relations ploys. One thing that I will NEVER do (and no one else had better either!) is shout on ANY chat channel IN ALL CAPS about how great my guild is and suggesting people PM me for an invite.

I prefer scalpel to sledgehammer...
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Level of Sable +50   Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild EmptyMon Feb 18, 2008 10:28 am

Whoa. You have me impressed.

Not only have you thrown my concerns and current methods clear across Ascalon with a trebuchet, you impress me as a person. This is genius, we should take similar methods immediately. This looks like a practically surefire way to get the kind of people we want to have in the guild, and even avoids the salesmanship thing.

How did I get you into DWR with anything less than this? lol!

By the way, I don't use ALL CAPS to recruit, but I have borrowed a bit too much from other guild-request-spammers in recent times. That should probably go the way of the Charr bosses.

The biggest threat to my power is the fact that I keep hiring the best. Then they start excelling and become better than me. IT"S NOT FAIR! Sad

Can you get some of this goodness onto the unrestricted part of the forum? While we are the only ones who care about recruiting, the rest of the guild might learn a lot from what you have to say. Change the context to "act this way and tell me who wants to join" or "if you act this way more people will want to join" or whatever, but your awesomeness should not be for officers' eyes only.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Lord Zedno pownced on my cry for help   Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 9:17 am

If you want to advertise, I know a thing or 2, not major, mind you, however I do study the subject on my terms.

Just remember this, the Market will tell you what it needs, feedback is the life blood of the Marketer. (the marketers feedback) universally in its own circle.

I am a qualified customer, who was looking for a guild, not just any guild.

Lord Zedno didnt just invite me after he sent the DWR invite, heres how I remember it....

Me Kindras:"looking for mature adult Guild, willing and actively helping other members"

Thats what I remember.

Lord Zedno:" Kurzick or Luxon?

Kindras: whats the difference, i have no idea what that is.

and he basically sed its a clan difference and he is Kurzick

The way I looked at it was just help me in a mature fashion that I was not joining a kid Guild who says crap in there words to each other on chat.

So he introduced me and I was watching activity on how much interaction was going on.

Really its not about the forum, i wasn't expecting that. I know of such others from other games and game orginizations, who has wide range communities but has less quality members mixed with good quality, and yes thats always common. But,,But The Admin and Mod are the less quality....so mix that in the noodle.

Comes to mind now, like the some people say, "the more money you have the more you spend"

Much the same in community Guilds or SuperGroups or Gang names, If your Guild or community just was given to you with all the props and bad recruiting in a less quality fashion quickly hasting.. then the growing process was unhealthy to begin with.

And to the name itself, who made the guild name DWR? I like it alot!

Now. to lay down the hammer quick and painless. Death Without Remorse will not tolerate unworthy individuals. who does not participate to other guildy member or to its Guild.

In respect, as a member and not an officer, I can be a good one. Smile Dont get me wrong that is not a request

jocolor its just that i am stern and Kindras has balls...stay with me here....

I like the way things are, however I do note and watch. I stake my claim here to DWR, my Guild home, A home, A haven, safe passage, shared trust and so forth.

Ok enough for now, I dont remember wat this thread is on before I ramble on.
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild   Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 1:07 pm

Those are insights worth sharing. Thanks.

I like to see that you are raising the standards. Not that they were that lax, but having the same general ideas as us is a big plus.

Few people ever do what you did--Ask for a guild on the open chat. How many responses did you get in the first 5 minutes? I figured I would be mobbed if I tried that, me meeting Nikita was more luck.

This thread started out as a public discussion of what our recruiters are doing. You are not really off topic. Not yet...
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild   Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 5:25 pm

Few people ever do what you did--Ask for a guild on the open chat. How many responses did you get in the first 5 minutes? I figured I would be mobbed if I tried that, me meeting Nikita was more luck.

How many responses did I get in the first 5minutes? only 1, As a result I'm here by luck also.

I got frustrated so i shouted out on open chat. I only relied on my key words I shouted out with. "Adult, Mature, Active, helping members" So to narrow my search.

I waited about a minute for a response from Lord Zedno.

I'm glad i didnt get mobbed, then I would have to put my super radar on behavioral chat language response. haha.

Thanks for open passage.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild   Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild EmptyTue Mar 18, 2008 7:09 pm

Kindra's is looking at the new comers who come to GW Prophecies or other chapters, factions and such who are new to the game.
This has a better chance on getting loyal members who are willing to learn and join a guild, or it will be lonely to the new comers without one, after all, hence the name Guild..Wars. Therefore, Loyalty, and ofcourse a fit to DWR.

So If we just concentrate on a niche (the newbies) in PreSearing we should do fine. Otherwise the others who has had experience with other guilds will be less loyal and thats why they had left, I think that lyes on the fit deal, where they either don't agree with the members itself, or the activities they are doing or not doing, Actively doing or not doing... That can be a bit broad there already.

Also, I was thinking of an idea i heard where each new member could be assigned a mentor to experience GW itself, either by the whole experience from the beginning,? or From one of the chapters.

Each DWR member willing to take a (hold you by the hand thing) learning what is what. While in this, working together. That is either one is ahead than the other or catching up or in sync.

Personally, If I had one to help out in Pre. I would do this...

Kindra's schedule is usually this, if your there, I'm there to help if you need.

Wait till I'm done my present mission or possibly join in.

I can show you what to look for and what to watch for.

I pretty much have better than starter weapons to start you out with, if I get a good feel of your personality. Or I can give you what I feel like giving you.

All together, this is a fun game, and if we can work together on taking out most of the guess work for newbies, it is more enjoyable belonging to DWR calling it a home.

We all want to belong, its our nature in society to belong, but there must be a reason to.

Do we have a motto? Mantra? Belief for DWR?

Officers are leaders and leaders ask questions to their members.

Leaders listens, that's what makes good leaders right.

If Kindra or her family Honorees were asked to recruit, she would. On a day, 1 or 2 hours of her time recruiting, or in better flux, anytime one day to give 1 or 2 hours recruiting.

Kindra wants to contribute. Please mention what should be represented or worded in the CHaT box keeping the newbie niche in an appropriate manner or whichever DWR feels fit upon recruiting otherwise

If that niche is not an agreeable idea, This is not a big deal, It will not be taken personal. Thankyou.

Includes Rejuvenate Your Guild!

Managment topics here http://www.guildhelper.com/management
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild   Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild Empty

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Tactics/How we Represent the Guild
Page 1 of 1