Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Real Life Takes Too Much Time

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

Real Life Takes Too Much Time Empty
PostSubject: Real Life Takes Too Much Time   Real Life Takes Too Much Time EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 12:04 am

If you are seeing me on less and less it is because real life is starting to consume a lot of my time. Due to everything that's going on I have too few opportunities to play Guild Wars as I used to. It's hard to play for less than a few hours because the conversations and quests I quickly get involved in can take that long.

Perhaps I picked a very good time to resign as officer--so I don't go AFK from responsibility as I got so tired of watching other people do.

Let's hope I will have more time to spend in the near future. I don't expect a full month of not-playing, but if I do keep me in the guild. In the meantime, have fun like I was throwing you a party. cheers

In the meantime, I should have at least some time to check the forum, so don't be shy about sending me a "hello" or starting some off-topic discussion I might like. I may not be able to keep track of guild events due to my limited play time, though. I find that the forum is an excellent "drop box" for ideas--you don't have to be on at the same time to have a conversation. No time constraints: Precisely why Guild Wars is better than real life.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Takes Too Much Time   Real Life Takes Too Much Time EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 8:28 am

Odin where are you man? hey there you are.. Yes, stop by say your 2cents and thats actually shiny coin with wisdom behind those words, ofcourse enjoyed the analytical, good to see angles from another analytic nature.

Reminds me of playing billiards, i see all the angles, like you were watching a movie of the player seeing things of possibilities before him and makes the best shot. How about sitting around a table with the top 3 physicist about the universe, and start discussing multiverses, Sigh'

I'm sure you will agree it is easier to understand the topic of sorts, than to explain it to though speech, personally its harder to say it, using speech The tounge has limits, err my toungue Smile and when I make it or say, I wish I had a recorder....Thats real padding yourself on the back.

I do very well explaining in relationships with understanding value to each perspective value taken to themselves personally.
Which is why mostly we want prove ourselves right over the other and believe ones point has more value than the other''''' then, emotions stir.

Weighing its value proves otherwise the best action and release.

Your heart leads to which is right on your own, Thankyou for sharing that, And you be good at what your already known to do. However, it gives value to this world, it is right for your own existence, in your own way.

Before I sound like an alien out of this world or a undercover men in black on solo here on the forum.

I would like to say time travel is possible!

haha, I lead the others on. short but appealing,, is it working? Morse code Odin, check the views on this topic in a week!

It is good to see the new recruits and others helping out here. I'm learning and thanks for your help.

Catch up with you to. takes alot out of me to write long responses, soon will be another overdue reply to an overview explanation.

On a last note, The known nature of playing can throw parties anytime on knowing the emotion and meaning thrown their way.

Thank you I will...
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Takes Too Much Time   Real Life Takes Too Much Time EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 2:22 pm

Kindras, did you write that classical literature we read in AP English? I needed the full blown English Class Decryption Kit to figure out what you're saying. I wonder how our other readers feel...

Inside that latest volume of difficult literature you say a number of profound things yourself. You also complement me quite a bit there Very Happy.

As far as having a voice recorder, the best I can come up with is Nikita's guild Teamspeak server. Which I haven't ever used... Sad I don't see how putting "I think, therefore I am" in Morse code will help people understand it better.

I'm glad the new people are making up for me. I should probably publish an official history of DWR, but that will undoubtedly have to wait for Nikita's revision and approval. And me having more time...

Don't worry about sounding weird to me. I've never had a problem with it, and to make matters worse, there's a good chance I'm getting into LARPing. It's everyone else (who some people I know refer to as "mundanes") who you have to worry about. Worst come to worst PM me.

While I'm thinking about it, here's a far-from-comprehensive list of languages used in DWR:

--English (Guild Wars): Used extensively.
--English (txt): Often used by Internet-savvies such as Marilda
--Metaphor: Often used by Odin
--English (inverted): Often used by Kindras and Odin
--English (Internet): Often used.
--French: Nikita's home language, rarely seen in chat
--English (real): Primarily used by Nimue and Caren, as well as a handful of others who don't post much.
--Other LOTE ("languages other than English", the politically correct term for "foreign language" that takes up far too many words): occasionally.

FoW T_T "without having to hit people with a hammer" "weighing its value proves otherwise the best action and release" lol! Boujour It's snowing outside! "doveryai, no proveryai"

Ah, the chaos of words. BTW "doveryai, no proveryai" is the English version of a Russian proverb I like, means "Trust, but Verify". I lay no claim to understanding Russian, but know people who could translate should you insult me in it.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Takes Too Much Time   Real Life Takes Too Much Time EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 4:28 pm

oh no, some missed words there, it was morning cob webs, what a roller coaster ride, just reading my own post, twists and turns etc.

Aha, English inverted, interesting.

Sometimes I get that way, I turn into an alien

alien

gotta go, here comes the straight jacket!
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Takes Too Much Time   Real Life Takes Too Much Time EmptySun Mar 30, 2008 10:10 pm

Oh well, the main reason I joke about your English is because many of the points you make only require a 2-word answer: "Thank you". Think of it the same way as my jokes about Marilda's spelling: as a minor criticism that exists mainly to support lame jokes.

My mind has been cooked today by overwork. I'm still not done, it's far easier to write to Kindras since even my most carefully put arguments don't require citations or math or reading. He also doesn't give unsatisfactory grades for messing up. Sometimes I feel dazed, confused, burned out and loopy, all without an ounce of anything illegal (although piles of homework should be illegal). Life isn't always like this, but life on a time crunch is. I care far too much about doing quality work considering the ease with which I procrastinate.

Once I figure out better time management and catch up on what I'm behind on, I might be able to run DWR. Until then, I'm not suitable for so much as an officer spot. Staying several steps ahead requires a crystal ball that actually predicts the future, feel free to send me one.

Oh well, such is life. I just need to make sure I enjoy every diversion, distraction, and conversation as thoroughly as I can. Pull out that joke book and tell me some good ones.

Enjoy your aliens and shrinks. alien How is it, being a therapist? I imagine it's a lot different than being an engineering student.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real Life Takes Too Much Time   Real Life Takes Too Much Time Empty

Back to top Go down

Real Life Takes Too Much Time
Page 1 of 1