Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Drug Use and the Guild Chat

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

Drug Use and the Guild Chat Empty
PostSubject: Drug Use and the Guild Chat   Drug Use and the Guild Chat EmptySat Mar 22, 2008 4:20 pm

Several days ago Bashy McBashbash and Mistress Marilda were discussing how much of a good time they were having with drugs, such as "mushrooms", on the guild chat. I can't remember every detail but I remember this quite clearly.

How is this appropriate? I have no control over what they do, enjoy, or abuse in real life, but I consider it completely unacceptable for them to do it on our guild chat. Not only that, it's illegal and against Arena-Net's policies. This must stop, now.

Bashy has done this repeatedly in the past. Marilda did this for the first time a few days ago, but since that was also coincidently the first time I had seen her on at all for 2 weeks, I have since become equally annoyed at her as well. Bad ideas about what happened those two weeks come to mind. In case any of you think I'm biased against either of them, here's why.

This is disgraceful and inappropriate for a "mature" guild. How many new members has this cost us? If it continues, I will leave as well. Anyone who agrees is welcome to come with me.

I expect Bashy and Marilda to take their personal drug problems elsewhere (I don't care if you don't think that drugs are a problem, I do and that's what matters), and Nikita to step in as leader and do something. This is not too much to ask.

I have moved this topic from the "Officers Only" section to this one since Nikita and Bashy have both logged on and checked the forum several times since I posted there. I have even sent a private message to Nikita asking him to take a look, no response. Perhaps Marilda would have been more responsive given the chance, but unfortunately she will not get the chance Bashy and Nikita did.

This is not a spelling problem, people. Feel free to misspell "mushrooms", "Marilda", and even "Odin" for all I care. This is not a joke and this will not be made into one. As I said, if this is not resolved, soon, I will leave and take all my ideas and supporters with me.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Drug Use and the Guild Chat   Drug Use and the Guild Chat EmptySun Mar 23, 2008 2:00 pm

Nikita told me, in-game, that he did not see this happen and will watch to see if it happens again. Being that he doesn't know me personally and no one else has come forward to press the issue, a wait-and-see attitude is probably appropriate. Otherwise people could just pick fights and get people kicked on false accusations. When you do think of an appropriate punishment for repeat offense, please do let us know.

Nikita also suggested I speak to the members responsible before I post in the report section. I did post in the Officers section, which records show Bashy checked, but I said nothing in-game. My apologies to Marilda. I guess Nikita and Bashy couldn't think of any appropriate responses in the time I gave them, before I built this massive forest fire. Oh well, it's done.

Time for me to stop running around in circles and get some rest. After this issue has been resolved, I resign my officer position. I could take advantage of my Marilda Rights and ignore the guild for 3 months (with notice), but that would do nothing to stop ME from persecuting myself. If you really want my leadership, promote me to leader and I'll take the hint. Otherwise, I'll be reading books, occasionally the forum, and enjoying the view from a member's level as Lister does do well.
Back to top Go down
Mistress Marilda
Mistress Marilda

PostSubject: Re: Drug Use and the Guild Chat   Drug Use and the Guild Chat EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 2:26 pm

I'm sorry it wont happen again. It just so happens that i have very bad influences in my life at this time but thats probably not an excuse sorry T_T
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Drug Use and the Guild Chat   Drug Use and the Guild Chat EmptyMon Mar 24, 2008 3:15 pm

Here is my advice for you, Marilda. It's not how many times you fall down in life. It's how well you get back up. What's done is done, just don't make any excuses about the future. Forgive, but never forget.

Glad to hear this isn't going to be a problem. Marilda can learn which influences she should keep in her life, and which she should give up. I can learn how to make myself heard without having to hit people with a blunt (vampiric?) hammer. The rest of the guild can learn whatever is relevant to them personally. The day we all stop learning is the day we die.

If you want my advice, support, whatever, just ask. Realize that we are just people who know each other through the Internet, but under that context we are friends. Friends get each other through hard times, expect that of your friends and of yourself. Whoever doesn't follow through is just an acquaintance.

None of us are perfect. If you want perfect, get yourself killed in a religious war and pray you end up in Paradise. I try and get as close as possible, realizing that at best my path will keep crossing from one side of the line we call perfect to the other and back again. Then again, I'm a bit of a perfectionist by nature--ironically this is a flaw. Haven't you guessed by the fact I revise my posts so much before I submit them?

Enough philosophy; I should start charging you all for course credits. Time for us to get busy assessing the events of the past 2 weeks and figure out what needs to be done in the future. My sabbatical should help in this regard, give me fewer distractions from my thinking and of course real life.
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Drug Use and the Guild Chat   Drug Use and the Guild Chat EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 1:17 am

I consider this issue resolved, folks. Marilda learned from her mistakes, I learned from mine, and Bashy decided (in chat with Ed) to be more tactful before leaving the guild and game on a friendly note.

I am taking my sabbatical from officership and letting the guild recover and grow. It's time I let my frustrations go and think about something else for awhile. Unlike Bashy, who was losing interest in Guild Wars anyway, I am still here and will be back in the future. If you want my advice or leadership just ask, although it might be wise to wait at least a week or so before expecting me back in a position of responsibility. Now that I am an ordinary member we all have a chance to evaluate what has been done right and wrong in the past 2 months, and make decisions accordingly.

While we're all logged into the forum, start a discussion in "Off Topic" and let's have fun. I love discussions. They keep life interesting. XD
Back to top Go down
BASHYMCBASHBASH

BASHYMCBASHBASH

PostSubject: Re: Drug Use and the Guild Chat   Drug Use and the Guild Chat EmptyTue Mar 25, 2008 6:30 pm

Yes, well, my days of playing aren't QUITE over, it's good to see this has ended.

I knew I wasn't going to change, I enjoy the way I live. And besides, I was contemplating leaving the guild months before this incident took place.

I wish good luck to the guild, and may it grow to heights of unheralded proportion.

P.S.

If I ever farm, I will want to meet Ed to give my daily earnings to him, with hopes that you guys can get that 100k Guild stuff.

P.P.S.

You Guys All Rock.

P.P.P.S.

flower

P.P.P.P.S.

Good luck >_>

P.P.P.P.P.S.

Did I mention Good Luck?

P.P.P.P.P.P.S.

I think I did...ah well, Good Luck!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drug Use and the Guild Chat   Drug Use and the Guild Chat Empty

Back to top Go down

Drug Use and the Guild Chat
Page 1 of 1