Guild [DWR] Death Without Remorse
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to Death Without Remorse forum

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue

Go down 
+2
necrosis
Odin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Odin

Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue Empty
PostSubject: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyWed Jan 30, 2008 6:59 pm

Note: this post is based on opinions that I have heard in-game from various people. If I have misinterpreted anything, tell me and I will edit accordingly.

Leader Nikita has proposed changing our cape. Shocked While I am satisfied with the current design, my impression is that Nikita has looked at the same cape for quite a while now and wants variety. So how about some proposals...

Ed (as in the officer Edward the Element) has requested that the cape stay black, so that it goes well with his armor. Since I don't see many pitch black capes every time I venture into town, I agree. I would even make it less grayish on the bottom (more black)

However, I propose that we change the color of the guild symbol on the cape to a pale blue, sky-like color. This is due to the fact that I am biased towards blue and a deeper shade would not contrast with the overpowering black background. It would also add a splash of color to the cape. Such a shade exists; I have seen it in the cape designer.

I feel that the guild symbol is good but open to change. While you are welcome to disagree with Ed and me, or even with Nikita about changing the cape, I have heard no opinions on the symbol. Check out the wide variety of possibilities. Only Nikita can buy a cape, but we all can design them.
Back to top Go down
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/User:Crazy_Odin
necrosis

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:32 pm

It so figures Ed is concerned about armor clash (oh the vanity on that one XD ) I tend to agree about the pitch black with no gray. I think the insignia would look badassery as blood red for good contrast and the blood red ties in with "Death" in the guild name.

Just my 2 cents. But for future reference my elite armor will also be black and I too am quite vain ;_)~
Back to top Go down
Edward
Edward

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyMon Feb 11, 2008 11:07 pm

Whats this about me being vain!?! o.O

Its not that bad is it. >_>

I just must look good......

Love,
Ed
Back to top Go down
Sable

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptySat Feb 16, 2008 10:07 pm

I rather like the cape the way it is. The only thing I would recommend concerning the coat of arms is that we pick something kewl yet not common--like, dragons and crossed swords look neat, but I see those on half the GW planet's population it seems.

Consider this a second to the motion of blue on black from Odin (those will go well with MY intended ultimate badness armor, and also with Ed's I guess geek )
Back to top Go down
Mistress Marilda
Mistress Marilda

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 1:35 am

Well i think our new cape; If we so chose to change, should be pink as the base color and either feature pandas or kittens on it. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Pink Flowery Manliness   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyMon Feb 25, 2008 10:26 am

Gee, Bashy was thinking the same thing a ways back... but I think he suggested unicorns. Pink unicorns on a pink cape...
Back to top Go down
Sable

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 1:49 am

Fair warning I bail on the guild if we go pink, whether it's a Balrog or fluffy bunnies as the coat of arms. Razz
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Don't Leave Me Sable!!!   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyTue Feb 26, 2008 11:20 am

Chill out, I don't actually want a pink cape. I stand behind my original opinions, even if you ruined my joke. Although it would be funny if we had a dark-looking Death Without Remorse black-and-blue cape with a kitten or a bunny on it... Caren would definitely like wearing that.

In case it matters, men and cats do go together. I know from experience, and I am also friends with a guy in-game whose cat makes using the keyboard very complicated at times.

If you do have to bail, give me advance warning please. I would then decide whether to stay here or to start over as a Luxon with our own guild. I do not foresee this happening. I wouldn't mind a joke cape as long as it was gone inside of a week.

We are all as vain as the Elementalists. Only some of us are more willing to admit it than others...
Back to top Go down
Mistress Marilda
Mistress Marilda

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Well i was only jokeing myself. I really think that it should have red on it. On the account that black and red are really good colors together and every one wants black and my favorite color is red ^_^
Back to top Go down
Sable

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyWed Feb 27, 2008 11:07 pm

I was kidding about bailing. Mostly. (I would definitely have to have much more reason than that to shuffle off this mortal coil.)
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 8:33 am

yesterday i logged and spawned right next to another with our cape, exactly what we have, colors and all. is this semi common?

I thought I'd spit that out there. Since I did read this thread early and before that sighting, funny how that was a 1, 2 encounter.... I wish I would of written down the Guild letter name, so i can post it here.
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 1:01 pm

Lol we have to change it now. Someone stole our ideas.

How about a black-and-blue cape, with a blue kitten or bunny on the back. Maybe a splash of red on the fringe, maybe swapping the current tattered fringe for something similar but sleeker. Caren would love that...

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery"
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 5:39 pm

Oh my god, really hahaha, Yah its all true same day experience, read this thread early on then logged on , spawned and there she was, a cape twin next to me, I had to read the guild letters 2, 3 x to make sure!

Well, whichever for now, time will tell of this..... No. Im gona look around for that cape, hahaha! I wana know what Guild that is.

Maybe they should change theirs!, I like ours now. and any in the future if it be.
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyThu Feb 28, 2008 7:07 pm

We need to take action. Brother Mhenlo, Goddess Nikita, rally the Kurzicks and prepare the Juggernauts for battle. Master Togo and I will rally the Luxons (after my vacation of course). Only united can we take on the Afflicted Copycats.

Kindras, here is how you command a Siege Turtle: Carry a Smoke Canister to your intended target. Drop it, and the turtle will fire on the canister's location. Guildwiki says this is Earth Damage, make sure your mesmers prevent them from using Mantra of Earth and Elemental Resistance skills. The best place for the canister is right next to the copycat's Guild Leader. I used to be a Luxon. I know what I am talking about.

By the way, the turtles are not as powerful as the Luxons pretend they are. They move slowly and are vulnerable to nuking. They are capable tanks as long as you don't let them die. And don't let the Kurzicks kill any of the baby turtles. Oh wait, you are a Kurzick... DONT KILL THE TURTLES!

What time is it? Death Without Remorse time! For the Echovald! For the fact that Luxons like killing things! For Me! Smile

We should still change it so we aren't bored. Nikita was looking for change around the time I joined. That was about 7 weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
Kindras Honor

Kindras Honor

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptyFri Feb 29, 2008 9:22 am

awesome scenario, I have seen the success of the canisters, you have great imagination.

I can pay the beggers to drop them off. haha I'll make it happen. pirat
Back to top Go down
Odin

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue EmptySat Mar 01, 2008 9:00 pm

No bribery. I repeat, no bribery. Do some Luxon quests if you have to, but DWRers don't let DWRers waste gold.

Seriously, have we reached a consensus on what cape design to get? Many of us agree on the same basic idea, so it's time for action. Get a design, get 2 Platinum, and get a new cape.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue   Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue Empty

Back to top Go down

Changing the Guild Cape? My Summary of The Issue
Page 1 of 1